Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Halloween!

We made it through Halloween and all of it's festivities. But that only means Thanksgiving and (gasp!) Christmas are just around the corner!! While I LOVE this time of year, it means lots of parties, eating and presents to buy. But lets not get ahead of ourselves yet.......lets get back to Halloween.

My husband's birthday is the day before Halloween so we had our 2nd Annual Halloween/Birthday party on October 20th. Its always a lot of fun! We co-host it with our friends/neighbors whose husband has an October birthday too. This year we went as 80's Rock Stars.

We found hubby's wig ($16) at a Halloween costume store, along with the tattoo sleeve ($5) and then added some ripped jeans a black T shirt and one of my black running headbands. We spent a total of $21 for his outfit.

And my outfit, believe it or not, was FREE!! That's the best kind right?!?! My friend had a relative give her a bunch of unwanted clothes and she didn't want this GORGEOUS dress (I mean, don't we all still own one of these? I couldn't figure out why she didn't want it!). I took it, knowing it would be a great 80's costume. I paired it with some black leggings, black pumps, LOTS of blue eye shadow and of course a side ponytail.

My husband has a love of all things 80's so he was happy when I told him my costume ideas. I think it all came together pretty well and we had a great time at the party!

The first Halloween festivity the girls had was Trunk-or-Treat at L's school. For this one they decided they wanted to both be princesses.

If you've never been to a Trunk-or-Treat before it is usually in a big parking lot and people decorate their trunks and you go through the parking lot collecting candy from the different cars. Its a great idea and makes it easy and fun!

They also has a snack stand and bouncy house, which the girls LOVED!


Next up was L's class party. Her school won't let them have Halloween parties so her friend hosted it at her house. All but 3 kids from her class were there, plus parents, siblings and her teacher so we had a house full!

This party required another costume change.
L wore her original costume idea: A black cat. I wore this costume when I was 2 or 3 I think, which is why it is a short sleeve/shorts outfit on her.
And K wanted to wear her costume from last year: Minnie Mouse
 
I love this picture of her. She looks so sweet and innocent. Little do you know, looks can be deceiving! She is also known as our Texas Tornado!

Halloween Day we finally got our pumpkin carved. The girls LOVED digging out the "goo".
 L wanted to label her pumpkin. I guess she wanted to stake her claim or make sure everyone knew how hard her and her sister worked on making a Jack-O-Lantern.
 Then it was time to get ready for Trick-Or-Treating. K went with her original Halloween costume: Sleeping Beauty.
 L decided to go with Rapunzel again, but we added a cool blond wig this time.
 Here are our little Trick-Or-Treating Princesses.
 And here's the family ready to go!
I hope everyone had a great Halloween! Now on to Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment