Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Free Clothes and Running Funk

I can't believe it but my half marathon is less than 3 weeks away! I have been in such a running "funk" that I'm starting to not feel prepared. I don't know if its the constant rainy, dreary weather or the busy holiday season we just got through but I just don't feel like running. Actually, 2-5 mile runs sound great but when my training schedule calls for 10, 11, 12 mile runs I just don't want to do it. I'm up to 10 miles now but making myself do it again has proven to be tough.
Actually, the 2 things that have me excited about running are my new running shoes and my new, FREE running outfit! I actually got a FREE jacket and pants from Old Navy a few weeks ago through crowdtap. Crowdtap is a marketing-type website where you answer questions (called quickhits) and the more you answer the higher your status and the more opportunities you have to sample products. My first sample was through Woolite. I got 10 samples of a new detergent for darks. Very cool, but my latest sample was even better! I got to pick 1 top and 1 bottom from Old Navy's activewear line. FOR FREE! So I went shopping and tried on a few different running outfits with my half marathon in mind. The selection wasn't too big, but I was kind of narrowed down by looking for something appropriate for my race.

I did have fun trying on different looks and styles!

I settled on a black jacket and black cropped pants. What I like about this outfit is the jacket is light, so it will provide some warmth since my race is in January, but I'm not going to have to take it off after the first mile. And its all sweat absorbant so no nasty sweat stains and it keeps the sweat off your body. Yay for free, awesome running clothes! Thanks crowdtap! If you're interested in joining crowdtap, click here. It's not time consuming and its really easy.

I ended up getting this shirt too! It was only $6 and I love a good bargain. I couldn't pass it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment