Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year!

It's 2013! Happy New Year!
I can't believe it is 2013. This year holds so many great things for me and my family. To name a few, my first half marathon is only a few weeks away, my husband and I celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in March and in May I turn 30!! I know these are just a few of the amazing things God has in store for me this year and I can not wait to see what kind of blessings He pours out upon us.

Now that the holidays are over and things are somewhat back to normal (minus my house still full of Christmas decorations) I wanted to share one of my Christmas projects I made this year. I included a picture of my floating wreath chandelier in my last blog and wanted to share how I made it.
 
 
I started with a package of ornaments, a small wreath, ribbon and fishing line.
 


I took the fishing line and tied it to the ornaments then tied the other end to the wreath. I held the wreath under my chandelier to see how long I wanted the ornaments to hang. I tied all 4 ornaments to the wreath and made them various lengths.



Then I took the ribbon and wrapped it around the wreath.


To make the bow I started with the tail at one end and made a loop on the other end. Then I went back and forth spacing each loop away from the other. Finally after all of my loops filled up each side I took the other tail and wrapped it around the center and knotted it in the center.

 
Finally, tie fishing line on the wreath and then tie it to your chandelier.



No comments:

Post a Comment