Saturday, September 21, 2013

Half of my life

15 years ago this week this good ol’ country boy, who I had been crushing on for quite a while, and myself decided to give dating a try. We met in Algebra class my freshman year of high school. We sat next to each other and I think were both immediately attracted to one another. He was actually the older brother of a friend of mine. We flirted and hung out together my freshman year and by the beginning of my sophomore year we knew we wanted to be more than friends. Long story short, but my high school sweetheart is now my husband of 10 years! I can’t believe we have now been together half of my life!

TBT We were such babies!

TBT 2

Homecoming 1999

We have been through so much the past 15 years. Matt graduated a year before I did and went into the US Marine Corps, I graduated High School and got my Associates Degree and then we got married (young) and moved to Virginia while he was still with the Marines. We lived there for a year, took a “late honeymoon trip” and in the airport on the way back Matt got the call that they were headed to Iraq. I moved back home with my parents while he served in Iraq, he came home and was complete with his 4 years so we moved back home. I went back to college, we struggled, Matt worked offshore, we lived with our parents, we bought our first house, we struggled, I graduated college, got pregnant, we struggled, we got new jobs, had our beautiful first born daughter, struggled, got new jobs, moved to Texas, I got to stay home with our daughter, struggled, had our second beautiful daughter, new job for hubby, new opportunities for me, new friends, family moved to Texas, more amazing opportunities for us and we are now where we are today with 2 amazing, beautiful children, wonderful jobs, a great house on an awesome street with wonderful neighbors, a fantastic church and church family and we’re surrounded by most all of our immediate family. I feel so blessed to be where we are today and so thankful for every hill, valley, bump and bruise along the way. My husband still gives me butterflies. I pray for God’s continued blessings, guidance and direction in our lives. Here’s to another 15 years plus more babe!

IMG_2851

1 comment:

  1. Not many women look even MORE beautiful 10 years into marriage than they did in high school, but you certainly do!! You are gorgeous, inside and out! Congratulations on 10 years, and best wishes for many more!

    ReplyDelete