Monday, April 30, 2012

Meeska Mouseka MINNIE Mouse!

It was Minnie Mania for my Daughter's 5th birthday this year. With a trip to Disney planned in the near future, I thought it was a perfect theme! I went with a red, black and white color scheme and our backyard was the location. The star of the show was the new swing set she got for her birthday so that was the main entertainment for the day.

We did manage to get in a game of "Pin the Bow on Minnie" and the kids loved it!
I simply took 2 appropriate sized bowls and traced 2 of one size for the ears and 1 of the larger bowl for the head out of black card stock. I glued them together and then cut a bow out of some red foam sheets I had and a small black circle for the center of the bow.

My sweet FIVE YEAR OLD in her outfit made by Lily Lane Kids! 
It was perfect for the birthday girl!

The food table

I found this amazing double barrel pitcher at Ross Dress For Less and put Hawaiian Punch in the top for the kiddos and Sweet Tea in the bottom for the adults. I labeled it "Pluto Punch". Then we had a platter of fruits and veggies with "Daisy Dip", Chocolate Dipped Oreos sprinkled with red sugar, red/pink/white M&M's,  "Minnie Marshmallows" (aka Chocolate Dipped and sprinkled Marshmallows) and Meeska Mouska Munch (Cheese Puffs, Chex Mix and chocolate Animal Crackers).


Daisy Dip:
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well. Serve with fruit.
Easy as that and so delicious!

Minnie Marshmallows
Melt white chocolate in a microwavable bowl as directed. Dip sucker sticks (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby) in melted chocolate and then insert into marshmallow until right before it reaches the other end. Let set then dip marshmallow halfway and let excess drip off. Dip into colored sugar. Then place on a wax paper covered cookie sheet and let harden in the freezer.

Meeska Mouska Munch
Cheese Puffs, Chex Mix and Chocolate Animal Crackers


The Cupcake Tower
 I made the cupcakes with white cake mix as directed. I found these cute red polka dot cupcake wrappers at Michael's. And the icing is store bought too. I know, I know......I should have made it homemade something had to give! For the Mickey heads I just used regular Oreo cookie for the face and the mini version for the ears. Simple, easy and quick Mickey cupcakes!

 For decorating the patio I bought red/white and black/white polka dot balloons at Party City and strung them on fishing line. Then I bought red and black table clothes from the Dollar Tree and cut them in half long ways. I hung them from each corner into the center, but it was so windy they were blowing all over the place!
 The kid's tables I covered in red and white polka dot fabric that I knew I could use later to make skirts for my girls. You have to go green and reuse as much as you can, right? Again, it was so windy and they kept blowing off so we tied them down with thin black ribbon.

So after lots of planning, decorating and entertaining, I think we ended up with a great party for our friends and family and I know my big 5 year old was pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment