Monday, June 24, 2013

Here's to new memories!

I still don't think it has hit me that my parents have moved. Friday we moved them out of my childhood house to Texas. I am so excited they will now be 10 minutes "down the road" from us, but it still seems a little surreal that I will not be going back to the house I grew up in.

We worked HARD for several days packing, cleaning and loading the moving truck.

My super hardworking, packing extraordinaire Dad:

My beautiful, super organized Mom doing her thing:

Even the girls got in on the packing fun!

Saturday we drove 9 hours from Alabama to Texas. We went straight to their storage unit (because they don't close on their house in Texas until the end of July) and unloaded the trailer we had attached to the SUPER LARGE UHaul. Talk about a long, exhausting day!!

The next day we unloaded their UHaul truck into their THREE storage units!! Whew! Another long, exhausting day! I ended up taking an hour and a half nap yesterday and had no problem falling asleep last night. Usually if I nap long I can't sleep that night, but apparently I needed that nap. So now we're waiting until the end of July for them to close so that we can finally move (again) everything into their new house!! I can't wait for all of the new memories and traditions for our family in Texas. (Did I mention we just moved my sister and her family here about 2 weeks ago?!?! Thankfully they had movers who did most of the work for them)
So here is to a new memories, traditions and lots of love here in Texas!




No comments:

Post a Comment