Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My new favorite workout

Since running my half marathon back in January, I have kind of taken a break from the strict running schedule. Honestly, I got a little burnt out by the time I finished all of my long training runs and the actual 13.1 mile race. I still like to work some runs into my workout schedule, but its usually because I'm too sore to go to this class:
This class is my new obsession! It is a great weightlifting/strengthening class that totally works your whole body. The website says "BODYPUMP™ is one of the world's fastest ways to get in shape as it challenges all of your major muscle groups while you squat, press, lift and curl." It really will get you some rockin' muscles pretty quickly! I try to attend the class at my local YMCA twice a week and then add in a day of running. I took last week off to help my parents move and yesterday I went back to my BODYPUMP class. Let me just say that I'm feeling it today!! It's hard to sit down and when my daughter jumps up in my lap it kills my leg muscles. I'm feeling it in my legs, back and arms the most. But I know that means its doing some great things to sculpt my body. Just thought I'd share my newest favorite workout. If you have one of these classes at your gym, I highly suggest you try it!

3 comments:

  1. They offer this at my YMCA in Midland. I'll have to try it out! I've been going to a Pilates Fusion class which is pilates and yoga. I love it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss having you as my Body Pump partner! It is not as much fun in the afternoons. Without you and without my morning energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you too! Not quite the same without having you to cut up in the back of the class with!

    ReplyDelete