Saturday, June 29, 2013

Praying for guidance and direction

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

I tend to be a worrier by nature. But honestly, I don't "worry" about things in the typical sense of the word, but its more about planning things and over thinking things. I don't truly worry because I  know in my heart that "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28). So I know I don't have to stress about something as long as I'm involving God in my decision. God is in control and will bless me and whatever my situation is ACCORDING TO HIS WILL. And that is one of the hardest things to understand sometimes because God doesn't say bad things won't happen to us, but He will work them to glorify His name and we must trust that HE is in control and will see us through the storm. It is our responsibility to keep a positive, trusting attitude through the storm.
All of that to say that I have had a big decision weighing on my mind for a few months now. It has kind of turned in this direction and that direction and I have prayed for God's direction and clarity through every twist and turn it has taken. I THOUGHT I was ready to make a decision a little while back and then God really convicted me to wait on HIS timing. (That is where my worrying/planning comes in. I sometimes have a problem being patient and waiting.) So I went back to praying and waiting and praying and waiting. I really wanted this decision to be in accordance with God's will for my life because it could either greatly benefit our family and bless our lives or be a major burden for our family.
As of yesterday I still hadn't received the confirmation and clarity and I was waiting on God to give me. Last night though I received some exciting news about this "potential" opportunity and immediately I started praying again. This morning I opened my devotional, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, and it said "You gain confidence through knowing that I am with you-that you face nothing alone. Anxiety stems from asking the wrong question: 'If such and such happens, can I handle it?' The true question is not whether you can cope with whatever happens, but whether you and I together can handle anything that occurs. It is this you-and-I-together factor that gives you confidence to face the day cheerfully." Wow! Did I need that or what? And then on top of that one of the verses it gave was Philippians 4:13 which says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I am so thankful for these reassuring words. Because of this I know that as long as I am seeking God and walking with Him I can take this opportunity in confidence. I thank Him for this opportunity and will continue to pray for guidance and direction each and every new step I take. I have spent the whole morning today cleaning (yuck!) while listening to the Chris Tomlin station on Pandora (yay!) and through these worship songs I have felt a true peace about this decision and with my husbands blessing I am so excited to take part in this new venture. I can't wait to share it with you soon!!
And if you are looking for a GREAT devotional, I highly recommend Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.
I got mine on Amazon here for about $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment