Thursday, June 20, 2013

Saying Goodbye

Change is hard. But change can lead to bigger, better things.

Tonight I sit here my parents house that our family moved to over 16 years ago when I was just 14 years old. But tonight will be the last night I get to "spend the night" here. My parents are moving to Texas! Just 10 minutes down the road from us. I can not describe how excited I am that they will be just down the road from us after living 8 hours apart for the past 5 years. But tonight it just hit me that it will be the last night I'm in this house that holds so many memories for me.

This is the house where I got to decorate my own bedroom with a beautiful sage green color on the walls (a color that I now have in my own house because I love it so much). The house I remember my parents pulling up in my first ever car when I was 16 years old. The house where Matt use to pick me up from for our dates. Where we use to watch movies and CMT for hours while we were in high school. This is the house where I remember posing, taking pictures and putting on Matt's corsage for our first homecoming dance together. This is the house where my whole family stayed as they came to celebrate my graduation from High School. And then where they stayed to celebrate mine and Matt's marriage. This is also the house my first born child use to stay at 6 years ago so that my parents could watch her while I worked. This is the house where my girls love to swing on Gigi and Pampaw's red swing together. This is the house I remember my daughter flying down the driveway on her bicycle and making my heart nearly jump out of my chest as I saw her heading straight towards the neighbor's mailbox. This is the house where so much love, memories and happiness has been.
It is hard to imagine my parents anywhere else. It is hard for me to think about my children one day not remembering this house. It is hard for me to imagine not coming back to this house. That I won't be pulling up the driveway from a long trip from Texas to find my parents running out of the house to greet us immediately. But you know what? I am so excited for all of the new memories that we will be making in Texas. That my parents will be able to attend all of my children's school functions, pick them up from school for an ice cream date and help me out when I'm feeling overwhelmed.
So as we finish loading up the moving truck tomorrow and say goodbye to one season of life I know I will be sad, but I feel so blessed and thankful that God has allowed my parents the opportunity to move just 10 minutes down the road from us and can't wait for all of the new memories we will be making. Goodbye Alabama, hello Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment